Hello! I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ! It is honestly the best thing ever. I know that sometimes it feels like the Gospel can only apply to those that we teach and share with but first and
This week I have been thinking to myself how I could better help those people that I have been working with feel the power of the Spirit and to continue to be excited to meet again and learn. It was also something that I have been thinking about as we contact other people in Singapore. We do strive to talk with everyone and look for opportunities to serve those around us, however, I have felt that we weren't yielding the same success as weeks prior. Then everything changed!
D&C 28:16
"And thou must open thy mouth at all times, declaring my gospel with the sound of rejoicing. Amen."
D&C 19:37
"And speak freely to all; yea, preach, exhort, declare the truth, even with a loud voice, with a sound of rejoicing, crying—Hosanna, hosanna, blessed be the name of the Lord God!"
D&C 29:4
"Verily, I say unto you that ye are chosen out of the world to declare my gospel with the sound of rejoicing, as with the voice of a trump."
If I wanted to share the Gospel, I needed to show that happiness and excitement as I do it. I learned that my first and foremost goal was to help the person that I was talking to to be happy and excited. Almost naturally, our conversation would lead into the Gospel and they would almost be asking us to meet again. I have gained a testimony that being happy and uplifted is how the Spirit can work through us to declare the message of the Gospel. The Gospel is true and amazing! As we apply it into our own life it will lead us to endless joy!
Yesterday my new companion, Elder Allen and I were on our way home and we met this one man outside the subway track and we started up a conversation and he was just blown away by the fact the we could speak Chinese. We continued to talk to him and soon enough we arrived at his station but we still didn't get a whole lot of time to share with him about the Gospel. When he got to his stop though, he didn't get off. I asked him if he wanted to get off his stop to go home but instead told me, "Not yet, I want to keep talking with both of you." He told us how we were his example and that he admired us for leaving home for two year to come out and learn the Chinese language. We arrived at the next stop and he still didn't get off! He wanted to hear more of the message of the Gospel! Finally we arrived at our stop and he got off with us and requested to meet with us again! I have a testimony that the Lord's Elect hear His voice and harden not their hearts! There are those out there that are prepared, we must open our mouths to find them!
The members are doing good! We had a good meeting in which we discussed some ideas on how to increase member work in the ward. We talked about how when investigators come to church, there needs to be a support system for them and someone to sit by and talk to. We want to start meeting with members and help them pray for specific people to find and share with. We know that as we do so, there faith will be built up and missionary work will improve.
I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve as a missionary. I know that this church is true and that everyday is an opportunity to do good! I know that God is our Father, and that Jesus Christ is His son! I know that God loves each of us. I share my testimony that they live in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,
Elder Shirley
Goodbye Elder Barlow! You will be missed. Transferred to Bintulu.
Mission life and friends in Singapore
The Snake Charmer and a bit crazy! 😂
Comments
Post a Comment