A little bit of what he wrote to Mom:
Hey! I'm doing awesome! It's been such an exciting week here at the MTC! My companion is Elder Collett. He's a great guy and has an awesome testimony! I couldn't ask for a better district! My roommates are chill and right now, all the Elders and Sisters in our Zone are leaving this week, so there will be just the 8 of us.
Me and Elder Collett were asked to be the new Zone leaders and I feel blessed in being one. It really is a great learning experience here at the MTC. The spirit is like at the temple.
One of the Sisters in our districts was really sick one morning and she had asked us to give here a blessing. As we were giving the blessing, announcements starting going off and we just had to keep going! :D
Letter to everyone:
How are you all doing?!? It's been quite the week here at the MTC! They definitely know how to keep you busy! The first day is always the best, everyone says, 'Welcome to the MTC!" It's fun. Your first name doesn't exist here...
They weren't kidding when they said it was complete immersion in the language you are learning. My chinese teacher won't speak english to us. Once and a while though he throws a word in here or there. For those learning a foreign language, its tough the first week. You get frustrated and feel you should be learning it at a faster rate. However, you must have patience. Trust that the Gift of tongues is real, then the Spirit will be there.
Our District watched a MTC talk that Elder Bednar had spoken in and it was about the Character of Christ, and whether we have just a testimony that something is true or are we converted to that truth. He also talked about whether we turn inward when trials come or whether we turn outward like the Savior had done. I invite all those who are willing to 'turn outward instead of inward and love instead of push away the people around us' I testify that we are all Children of God of our Heavenly Father. He loves us and wants us to draw closer to him.
I love you all, and hope you are all safe. I'll let you know more the next week!
Elder Shirley (AKA) [Shi Zhang Lao]
Comments
Post a Comment