It's been busy here
and the language is tough but, through the Spirit, I am learning so much. The
Gift of Tongues is real. I am able to have very basic conversations, and be
able to pray in Mandarin which is
exciting! I was able to perform my turkey
call, and all the Elders try to copy, and they do pretty well! The days seem to
be blurring by and it kind of freaks me out. Lol. I was able to say the sacrament
prayer in mandarin which was cool! I really do enjoy your letters, they don't
make me homesick but help remind me the work I have to do. It snowed, (Sort of)
last week which was awesome!! I was freaking out, yeah... we'll just say it was
sweet! :D
Every meal, I usually
get the Chocolate milk which is divine. Everyone says to not drink the orange
juice though, or your bowels shall have an unquenchable fire within them! I
have no idea though. :P
The food here is
delicious, to me anyway. I am grateful to be a missionary, I can feel the Lord
blessing me every step of the way and I know he always will. I have a lot of
notes in my journals of more about my stay here. I'll probably end up reviewing
those and then writing you personally. It's an awesome time to be alive, the
Lord is hastening his work, and I am excited to be a part of it.
Being in choir the
Director tells stories about the songs we are singing. On Tuesday we
will be performing, Nearer my God to Thee, which details the story of Jacob
leaving his house so Esau wouldn't kill him. It is really inspiring to be
singing those hymns.
I am grateful for the
Lord and all of his guidance. I am proud to be a missionary for our church!
It's been exhausting at times but I am learning. I love the unity we have in
our Zone. We are all bonding real close.
I love you all and remember all things will work out in the end.
- Elder Shirley aka Shi Zhang Lao
 |
| Home sweet home for 7 more weeks! |
 |
| Sleeping quarters |
 |
| A little decor |
 |
| My district...language immersion class |
 |
| Me and my companion Elder Collett |
 |
| On our way to the Provo Temple |
 |
| I spy...Moroni! |
 |
| Moroni - Revelation 14:6-7 |
Comments
Post a Comment