Hey! I know, I am honestly terrible at writing emails and
will practice to get better! I am glad to hear that everyone is doing alright!
Today we were able to go to the temple today and that was that snow picture you
had gotten! on December 21 we have the opportunity to clean the Temple and I am
excited for that. Things at the MTC have been interesting. I have learned a lot
about my personal relationship with Jesus Christ and it is continuing to build every
day.
For our Sunday devotional, the BYU men's chorus came and
performed some songs for us and it was really awesome. I really enjoyed
"How Great Thou Art" it got me teary and I really reflected on how
great He really is. Sunday's are always the best days for me. I really enjoy
the peace that comes from Sunday. I have been released as District Leader and
right now do not have a calling, but I am still doing the best that I can to
help where I am needed. Every Sunday, I do the Preach My Gospel assessment in
the back of chapter 6 about Christ-like attributes and which one I can improve
on. I find that to be a great Sunday activity to do.

Chinese! It has been great. To begin, I have to give the
Lord credit for everything in order to continue doing the best that I can. I
have memorized the 1st vision and the missionary purpose. Right now I am
working on 3 other scriptures. The book of Mormon here is Traditional
Characters so that has been exciting! I am learning slowly how to read
characters but not quite there yet: D Right now, I am just working on learning
sentence structure and other words for the lesson that we are teaching. Today,
we get to Skype people from Taiwan who are members and have the opportunity to
teach them about different needs that they have and how the Gospel can bless
their lives. They are members but it is still really cool to talk to native
speakers!
The food makes me literally run to the bathroom at least 2-3
times a day. It's not that
it's bad, it's just that it doesn't sit well...
ever. :D
Please tell your Sunday School class that reading Preach My
Gospel and the study of the Book of Mormon is essential to be able to teach on
or off your mission's. Tell them, I pray for them and hope that they are doing
well!
I can't wait to talk to you next week on Friday! It's going
to be awesome! I love you and thank you for keeping me in your prayers. I know
that the work of missionary work is real and that it is under the direction of
Jesus Christ. I invite all of you to become diligent in scripture and prayer
and don't let anything distract you from doing that. I know that the Lord is
mindful of you, I have felt the peace that you will all be alright. I love you
and will do better this week to keep a daily tab on what my activities are so
you may live the mission with me. I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of
God. I will take this Christmas to do all that I can to share the gift and that
is the message the love of our Savior. I say these things in the name of Jesus
Christ, amen.
Love, Elder Shirley aka Shi Zhang Lao
Comments
Post a Comment