"Faith is like a little seed. If planted it will
grow." I really enjoyed being able to sing that as a child and I am so
grateful that I had such amazing leaders and teachers to help me grow and
become more and more like the Savior. I want to share my testimony of this
verse and share a little bit of what has happened this week. I know that a seed
will grow to become something much grander and more developed but I want to
focus on the words, "if planted..."
Each day in my mission, there are numerous amounts of
opportunities that Heavenly Father will present in order for me to grow and
learn beyond what I had previously known. One such opportunity is each Sunday as
we prepare for church meetings. It is hard when those you have been teaching, cannot
come to sacrament, or you do not receive an answer back until a few minutes
before. Almost each time as I was about to partake of the Sacrament, my
thoughts were so consumed with "Where are they..." that I felt I did
not take the sacrament with its intended intention. I focused so much on other
things that I did not take time to remember the Savior and what He had done for
me. Whatever lesson that He wanted me to learn was passed by and I did not
plant within me the counsel He desired me to know.
In our Zone Conference we
discussed about this and came to the conclusion: Did I try my best to invite
and encourage? Did I try my hardest to love and to serve? If so, then the Lord
was pleased and loves each of us so much. I am grateful for the opportunity to
take the Sacrament each week at church. I have a testimony that as we take the
sacrament, our thoughts focused on the Savior, then in that moment our hearts
will be filled with the power of the Spirit and the Love of our Heavenly Father
and Savior Jesus Christ. I love them so much! I know that if we allow ourselves
to plant the seed, to fully take in those things the Lord wishes to teach us,
that seed will grow, and our testimony will become unshakable.
All the Elders point at me and he just has the biggest smile. He handed me a little sheet of paper with his family’s phone number, address, and if I was ever in Kuching that I could come and visit them and they would welcome me in. I am grateful for those who are handicapped in this life because each of them are incapable of making mistakes. They are perfect in our Heavenly Father's eyes. I am so grateful that each child of God will have the opportunity to return home to Heavenly Father. We must do all we can to help those around us and strengthen them where all hope seems lost.
Our branch in B****** is growing slowly! We are hoping to have a
baptism on May 7 with a family baptism the following week on the
14th. What a blessing it is to see the Gospel change lives and bring families
together. I honestly love it so much! Most of our members are Recent Converts
and have a little way to go. A lot of it is patience and something I have
definitely had to learn while serving here. Each of them struggle with personal
challenges but little by little, the Lord is strengthening all of us in ways
that will help us grow the most. We are talking with the Group Leader of
starting a "Foundation of B******".
A Scripture this week that I particularly enjoyed was
1 Nephi
31: 17-20
17 Wherefore, do the things which I have told you I have seen
that your Lord and your Redeemer should do; for, for this cause have they been
shown unto me, that ye might know the gate by which ye should enter. For the
gate by which ye should enter is repentance and baptism by water; and then
cometh a remission of your sins by fire and by the Holy Ghost.
18 And then are ye in this strait and narrow path which
leads to eternal life; yea, ye have entered in by the gate; ye have done
according to the commandments of the Father and the Son; and ye have received
the Holy Ghost, which witnesses of the Father and the Son, unto the fulfilling
of the promise which he hath made, that if ye entered in by the way ye should
receive.
19 And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into
this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto
you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with
unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to
save.
20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness
in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all
men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ,
and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal
life.
P-Day Hike in the Jungle
Zone Conference in Singapore
Back home in B.





Comments
Post a Comment