It is always a great opportunity to reflect on what has happened already. The experiences that have helped us be stronger and better able to
face the future ahead of us. I was talking with a sister about a family whom we
had found a couple months ago and was just explaining a little bit of their
background to her. I told how the husband had been found just smoking on the
side of the road and it was about 9:15 at night. The husband it
seemed like didn't have much interest but as we called them for the last time
the wife answered and allowed us to come over. Ever since then they have been
such an awesome family! As we sat down for church Elder H., got up to bear
his testimony and he shared Doctrine and Covenants 29:7
"And ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine
elect, for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts."
There are so many people who are ready to hear the Gospel, and
there are those who are not. However, those who have been prepared, who have
been looking, will be looking. It is only our job to find them and help bring
them home. I am grateful that this family, although perhaps not at first seemed
prepared, are some of the best people that I know.
The principle of "Teach when you find and find when you
teach" is true! As me and Elder W. were out contacting about 8:00 or
so and we went near this one area. We were trying to contact this one person
but he just kind of ignored us and kept doing whatever he was doing. However
just because he didn't want doesn't mean everyone in that area doesn't want.
After our attempt, there was a man who was a few feet in front of us who worked
at a car repair store. We talked with him and turns out that he had been
contacted by the missionaries back in December but could never get a hold of
them.
Our branch is slowly improving. We are starting to get some
callings for some of the members and helping them continue to do better! Many
of the members still have some issues and challenges to get through. One of our
investigators asked his parents to be baptized but his dad said no. We hope to
talk with him tonight to see how we can help him out and build his faith! Our
Branch leader is President T. He is definitely a kingdom builder here in Malaysia.
He has only been a member for 2 years but is probably the strongest convert
that I have ever met. I can almost say for certain that his name will be
remembered and echoed through the history of the church in Bintulu.
I have a testimony that this is the Lord's Work. He is very much
a part of it and without Him, everything would fall. But He is there. He loves
us and wants each of us to be successful! I am so grateful that the Lord has
allowed me to serve in His sacred name and what an opportunity it is to help
others come unto Christ. I love the Lord and I share my testimony in the name
of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,
Elder Shirley
Comments
Post a Comment