This week has been amazing! Full of miracles and faith
building experiences and a knowledge that the Lord really does everything he
can do to lift us back up. I just wanted to share my testimony of the
Priesthood. I know that the Priesthood is real. I really do. The past few days
I have been sick but have still continued to go out and work. As me and Elder
Wimmer were planning for the next day, we finished our closing prayer and I
turned to him and asked if he would give me a blessing that would enable me to
be able to work with no major difficulties. As he did so I could feel the Lord
blessing me with strength and energy. There is no doubt in my mind that the
power of the Priesthood is according to our faith. I am so grateful for
Heavenly Father restoring His power to the earth again. It is something that
blesses me each day and will continue to bless everyone as we exercise our
faith in Jesus Christ.
After almost a year of learning and really trying to gain a
testimony, our investigator, ** ***** was baptized and confirmed. For a long
time, he was searching for an experience or something that would help him to
know that these things were true. Easter Sunday he did receive that
experience and he has been progressing ever since. After his baptism he told
me, "Elder, I feel happy and clean." It is such an amazing
opportunity to witness someone change and prepare themselves to be baptized and
make that sacred promise with God. We will continue to teach him and help him
prepare to receive the priesthood and prepare himself one day to enter into the
temple. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ. It is through Him that we can return
to our Heavenly Father's presence and become like Him.
It is time to start having real growth in our branch. I have
seen over the past few months, each of the members really starting to
understand the importance of these things and are coming together to help
others come unto Christ. This week, we have set a goal for this next
Sunday to have all 3 hours of church and to really engage the members in
the classes. That way we are all learning, discussing and studying together.
The branch will continue to grow. I love the members and will continue to be
there for them in any way that I can.
Scripture of the Week: Doctrine and Covenants 93:1
"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that
every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name,
and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know
that I am;"
I have a testimony that as each of us continue to purify
ourselves and come unto Christ, then His promise will be sure. We will see His
face and know that He is, in the name of Jesus Christ amen.
Love,
Elder Shirley
YW in the Bintulu, Malay Branch
Comments
Post a Comment