Skip to main content

Week 27...each day He gives me another chance to get back up and keep going.

I am grateful that so much has happened in just over a brief period of time. I know that each day as we continue to become a little bit better, our Heavenly Father recognizes that and will continue to uplift and strengthen us. Each day is such an inspiring gift and shouldn't ever be wasted. Today I had the opportunity to video chat with my family and to be able to see them for a moment. I am so grateful for the strength that they provide to me which helps strengthen me more than they will ever know.


This week as me and Elder W. have worked in our area we have seen the faith of others growing and being able to see them come unto Christ has tremendously changed my perspective of the Gospel. I am so grateful for the Gospel and all that is included in it. For the opportunity each day to help someone in need. My faith this week has grown from simply serving others. As I have prayed for simple opportunities to serve others, they have come and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father is very much a part of our lives. In Matthew 25:40 it reads: "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, in as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." I have a testimony that as we help those around us, pray for the Gift of Charity, seek for a chance to uplift and inspire someone, I know that the Lord will fill us with light and with a perfect love that can come from no other source. With that perfect love, it shall cast out all fear. My love for the Savior continues to grow each day. I admire Him so much. I know that He loves me more than I will ever know. I am grateful that each day He gives me another chance to get back up and keep going.


I love miracles. It is amazing that I am even serving in Malaysia, that's a miracle in itself! The week before we found a man who was interested in hearing the message of the Gospel. It was a busy week for him in the past but we managed to set a time with him Sunday evening. As we went into their home we met his wife and his 2 kids. It turns out that his wife had met with missionaries 3 years ago but never really got to learn. We found out that both of them have been searching for something greater in their life that would help them and their family be happier. They just kept telling us, "we want to learn, we want to learn." I want to state that if the missionaries from a few years ago did not meet them, perhaps today they wouldn't have had much interest. However today they do! I have a testimony that no effort is wasted, wherever we may be placed in this world, on a mission or off a mission, married or single, young or old, Heavenly Father will place certain people in our lives who need the message of this Gospel. One of my friends in her weekly email stated that the adversary does not want us to share this message with others because he knows how powerful it can be and what an influence it can bring into people's lives. All the adversary has to do is have us fear sharing the message. The Lord has said "And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you. Amen." Let us not fear what other's may think but always remember that the Lord will be with us in each step of our life. He will prepare those around you and through you will bring happiness and eternal joy to those whom we share with. I am grateful for the Lord and all that He does for us.


The members of this branch are continuing to grow and each of them inspire me throughout the week. It is amazing to see their testimony grow and the love for their Savior increase. It is truly a blessing to work with each of them. Our branch will be growing in the next few weeks as we continue to teach and help others be baptized. This week, there were only 2 members that had come. Sometimes I feel as though Sunday can be such a stressing time, wondering where everyone could be, what's going on and so forth. Although that can be stressing, I know that each Sunday, we have the opportunity to partake of the sacrament and to renew our baptismal covenants. I have a testimony that as we think of the Savior, Jesus Christ and what he has done for us then I know that all will be well and that it is by Him that everything is possible. We will continue to love and uplift the members here and help them to continue to turn to Christ as their source of strength and healing. As we focus on Christ, our Sabbath Day truly becomes a delight and we are filled with the love of our Heavenly Father.

Scripture of the Week:
2 Nephi 25:29
"And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in nowise be cast out."


I want to share my testimony with each of you that I know that Jesus Christ lives. That He leads this work and is a part of each of our lives. He has felt every pain and every sorrow that we will ever endure and will continue to help us until that day that we shall see Him face to face. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith is the prophet of this final dispensation before the second coming of the Lord. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is the prophet of our day today. I love and sustain him. I am grateful for the people that have been placed in my life that have helped shape me into who I am today and those who continue to shape me hereafter. I share these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,
Elder Shirley







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 76..."This past week has been one of faith and might!"

This week, I had the opportunity to watch conference which was an absolute blast! I love hearing from the prophets and apostles speak and offer counsel to those that are seeking it. How grateful I am that our Heavenly Father in this period of time has a prophet upon the earth. I have a testimony that as we heed the words of the prophet and those that are called alongside him, that we will never go astray. This past week has been one of faith and might! I am grateful for the opportunity to come and serve the people of Singapore. It hasn't always been easy but I can honestly say it has been all worth it! A simple principle of faith that I learned from General Conference was what Elder Choi had said saying, "Don't look around, Look up!" I have learned that if all that I do is look around, I can never progress, however, as I continue to steadfastly look up toward heaven, then I find myself changing in so many ways. Axxxxx is awesome! She is something else...

Week 75...Experiences that have increased my faith and built my testimony up this week.

The things you get to learn on a mission are just awesome! I am so glad that I decided to serve the Lord for two years. I would be nowhere close to where I am at right now. I am indeed grateful for the experiences that I have been able to have on my mission and for what they have taught me personally. I know that the Lord, Jesus Christ is very well aware of what I go through and is continuing to lift me up every hour of the day. I know that He lives. His love is real and extends to all who seek it. I wish to share with you some of the experiences that I have had this week that have increased my faith and built my testimony up. Trust in the Lord.  I have really felt the need to say that after the many challenges and trials that seem to be never ending, that I simply can not do it on my own. If I continue to try and do something on my own and just push forward, then I have already failed. I cannot do it on my own. It is sometimes painful to admit that because I feel that in orde...

Week 71...The Sound of Rejoicing

March 5, 2016 Hello! I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ! It is honestly the best thing ever. I know that sometimes it feels like the Gospel can only apply to those that we teach and share with but first and foremost it is to strengthen yourself and give you the confidence and boost of energy that you need throughout the week. I love the Savior Jesus Christ. He is my teacher and exemplar and I look to Him as one of my closest friends and for that I am eternally grateful. This week I have been thinking to myself how I could better help those people that I have been working with feel the power of the Spirit and to continue to be excited to meet again and learn. It was also something that I have been thinking about as we contact other people in Singapore. We do strive to talk with everyone and look for opportunities to serve those around us, however, I have felt that we weren't yielding the same success as weeks prior. Then everything changed!  D&C 28:16 "And thou m...