I am grateful for the Hand of the Lord in all that I do. I can honestly say that I wouldn't be serving my mission if it wasn't for the love that He gives me. Everyday is always such an opportunity to do the best that we can and to work as hard as we can for it will all be worth it in the end. For a language study, I took the time to watch "Finding Faith in Christ" in Chinese. It brings me to tears each time I watch because I am reminded of the love and sacrifice of the Savior Jesus Christ in whom I love and testify of. I know that He lives. Because He lives, we too shall live. All of us. I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. We need not wait until Sunday to feel of his love but every morning, to get on our knees and pour out our hearts to Him. I promise as we do so, His love will be made manifest and we will come to know for ourselves that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.
As Jesus Christ said plainly:
"Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."
The members are doing amazing and the branch is growing little by little. Brother S. gave an amazing lesson this week in our Sunday School Gospel principles class. As we discussed the Fall of Adam and Eve and the need of the Atonement, Brother S. asked us this question, "What is the one of the most valuable things that God has given us?" He replied, "Time". This life as Alma has stated "For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors." How important it is to use every single moment the Lord has given us. Are we sufficiently prepared to stand before Him at that last day and account unto Him our lives? To remember every moment? I am so grateful and humbled for our members in our branch. What a blessing it is to work with them. Something that we hope to be able to accomplish in the next few weeks is establish some callings in our group. Our members will then have opportunities to serve and really strengthen each other.
Scripture of the Week: Mormon 9:19-21
"19 And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.
20 And the reason why he ceaseth to do miracles among the children of men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they should trust.
21 Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth."
I know that our Heavenly Father will not change. He cannot change. It is not in His nature. I have a testimony that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true in every detail. I have a testimony of the love from a Heavenly Father who is day by day reaching out to every one of us. I know that His plan of happiness will help each of us to return to our heavenly home and be united with our families for time and all eternity. I love this work and I share my testimony in the sacred name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,
Elder Shirley

Comments
Post a Comment