"But verily I say unto you, that it is not needful for this whole company of mine elders to be moving swiftly upon the waters, whilst the inhabitants on either side are perishing in unbelief."
Each day there are people and people on either side of us. We strive to do our best to talk with those who are ready and help them receive the Gospel. As we have done our best to talk with everyone, the Lord really does allow us to meet those who are ready! I know that as we contact those along the road and at different areas, we must also follow up with them. If we are simply contacting and contacting without an intention to follow-up then contacting is pointless. As we have spiritual discussions with those that we find, we must be willing to do all that we can to help them continually have the spirit. As we strive to do all that we can, then the Lord will trust us. He will place those who are prepared in our path and as we continue to reach out and invite, then there will come a person who is seeking for more and has been prepared by the Lord.
I find it interesting what Mormon says about miracles in our day...
"19 And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.
20 And the reason why he ceaseth to do miracles among the children of men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they should trust."
Miracles really are according to our faith in Christ. It is no wonder that those who expect signs do not receive them for it is only after the trial of our faith that we shall obtain such signs or witness such miracles. As Elder B. and I have worked this past week, we have worked hard to earn the trust of the Savior. As we have talked with others, met with those we are working with, we have continued to be accountable for everything that we do. When we contact, we follow up with them. When we meet, we try to teach what is meted unto them rather than a "lesson". As we have done so, we have felt within ourselves the love that the Lord has for each one of us. Throughout this week we have had much success as we turned to the Lord in all that we do.
A few nights ago, we were locked out of our apartment because the key was not working. We tried Shirley luck and B. luck, but it simply did not work. We prayed. Sure enough the door opened and we were allowed to enter. Coincidence? Not at all. The Lord really is in every single detail of our life. I have a testimony that as we take a moment and recognize all that the Lord has done, to count our blessings, we will begin to see much more that we have before and our hearts begin to fill with gratitude for the Hand of Jesus Christ.
A few nights ago, we were locked out of our apartment because the key was not working. We tried Shirley luck and B. luck, but it simply did not work. We prayed. Sure enough the door opened and we were allowed to enter. Coincidence? Not at all. The Lord really is in every single detail of our life. I have a testimony that as we take a moment and recognize all that the Lord has done, to count our blessings, we will begin to see much more that we have before and our hearts begin to fill with gratitude for the Hand of Jesus Christ.
Elder B. and I have the entire area of K. city, so if we wanted to, we could go to Indonesia, but we probably won't. :) This Sunday, as I was able to meet with the branch and was able to get to know them a little bit more. Although I have not met everyone, I know that each of them have such an incredible testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As part of our Sacrament meeting that day, Elder Woo, who is an Area Seventy, attended and spoke. He said something quite remarkable that truly does apply to each one of us. He talked about the parables that the Savior had given before the end of his mortal ministry. Of such the one of the sheep and the goats and how they were separated on the right and on the left. The sheep being those who served others, lifted them up and provided what they could. These, he said, were those as Matthew 25:40 says "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Elder Woo then asked us if we were a sheep or a goat? Are we an active member of the church or active in the Gospel of Jesus Christ? I have a testimony that being an active member is simply not enough, we must reach out, lift up, take those who have wandered by the hand and lead them back to the path of God and hold fast to the iron rod. As we do so, the Lord shall fill our very being with the pure love of Christ, even charity. Our joy of doing these things will help us to come to know Christ on a far more personal level.
I want to share my testimony. I know that the Lord and Savior of the world is Jesus Christ! I know that he Lives! I know that His love for us is far more than we can begin to comprehend. I am so grateful that not only does the Lord bless the people in Malaysia but He helps me. He is constantly building me up just as He is building others up. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It will bring us closer to God as we abide by its precepts. I love this work! I know that Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to succeed. I share this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,
Elder Shirley
Elder Shirley loves Bintulu with all his heart. It was his mission "birth place". I know he made eternal friends there and I'm sure it wont be the last time he see's them!
| HOE MANY MISSIONARIES CAN YOU FIT IN A CAR? |
Comments
Post a Comment