This week Elder Nevili Pei came to our house for a temporary exchange while his companion had to fly out to KL. As we were studying together, Elder Nevili Pei shared a scripture, but it wasn't the scripture that stuck out to me but the way he stated why it made an impact on him. He described it being, "the scripture just spoke to me and I knew that it was the Lord telling me Himself what I needed to do." I also remembered how Joseph Smith stated, "Never did any passage of scripture come with more power to the heart of man than this did at this time to mine. It seemed to enter with great force into every feeling of my heart." I too also wanted this experience for myself. For the Lord to really speak to me through the scriptures so that I may build my own testimony and strengthen my faith.
As I was reading this morning this scripture really left an impact on me and I wish to share it.
D&C 5: 21-22
21 "And now I command you, my servant (Your name), to repent and walk more uprightly before me, and to yield to the persuasions of men no more;
22 And that you be firm in keeping the commandments wherewith I have commanded you; and if you do this, behold I grant unto you eternal life, even if you should be slain."
I know that as we continue to walk a little more uprightly before the Lord, He will shape us into the person He would have us become. I love the Savior and I am grateful to be serving him at this time in my life!
We had an awesome miracle this week! We were out contacting this past week and we get a text message from the sisters saying that they have a referral named ****** for us to teach. We were way excited and later that night we get a text from ****** and she asks if we could bring an English and Chinese Book of Mormon with us. That caught us by surprise. As we arrived at her home we were talking to her about prayer and our Heavenly Father and then she finishes the lesson by inviting herself to be baptized! Elder Brown and I were just kind of wide eyed and speechless for a second. We put her on date for the 13th of August and are excited to help us prepare. Honestly though, the sisters found her at a bus stop. TALK TO EVERYONE!!! The Lord will prepare the people!
The members in Kuching are doing amazing! Each of them are leaders and have been members since 20+ years ago! I love church on Sunday. It is such a neat opportunity to renew our covenants with Heavenly Father! One thing that we are going to focus on for the week is home teaching the Less Active families with the members. We hope that this will help us develop a relationship with the members and with the less active members and then to really become a missionary branch. So far, we have had 3 of our Less Actives back at church and really becoming something more! The Gospel is true. I know that as we live it, we will truly be happy!
I love the Lord. I know that He lives. I know that He is the head of this Church. I am grateful to be making a difference in the lives around me. I know that our efforts may seem small but it will all be worth it.
A scripture that Elder Brown and I have chosen a scripture to use for the last few weeks of the transfer.
Alma 37:6-7
6 "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
7 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls."
With every effort made, the Lord will magnify it 10-fold. I know that as we open our mouths, pray for charity and do all the we can to serve the Lord, then His promise to each of us will be made sure, "Ye shall stand blameless before me at the last day." In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,
Elder Shirley
Comments
Post a Comment