Skip to main content

Week 39... He really does leave the 99 and go after the one.


Every week is amazing! Especially this one. I am honestly grateful for the Lord and all that he does for his children. It is a miracle in itself to see the work of the Lord go forth. Saturday, there was a baptism for the Stampin Sisters area and one of our potentials attended. He was really fascinated with it all. He stayed for the entire service and then walked home. The next morning, Elder Brown and I were planning for the day and all of the sudden get a phone call, and it is our potential, and he says, "Hi, Elders, I am coming to your church today. I will be there at 11." Our expression was just, "Who is this guy?!?" He came to church! He stayed all 3 hours and plus some. He told us that he wanted to go to America to be a Volunteer (missionary) as well! His desire to learn is definitely there! 

One of the biggest miracles is witnessing all that has taken place in 6 weeks. I have had the opportunity to see hearts softened. Less actives making their way back to church again. Finding those who are truly ready to change and so on! I am so grateful for the opportunity to just be serving a mission among a people who are prepared and waiting. I know what Alma says is true.

Alma 37:6-7 (I know I have shared this before)

6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

7 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

It really is by the small and simple things, those things that we may not notice or take for granted, that bring about the eternal purposes of the Lord Jesus Christ. Each day may not seem super miraculous by its self. However, when many days are combined, we have the blessing of being able to witness the hand of the Lord in all aspects of this work and for that I am grateful.

This transfer I have seen many miracles that I know were wrought by faith and a determination to work hard by all of the members and missionaries combined. Right now we have about 4 less-actives coming back to church and they are having a blast! I am so grateful for the Savior, for He really does leave the 99 and go after the one. This transfer, I really want to place an emphasis on visiting active members. Many of them are part member families. I pray that we will be able to soften the hearts of the family members and invite them to come. 

I know this church is true! I know that God is our Heavenly Father. Jesus Christ is His Son. The Church of Jesus Christ has been restored again to the Earth! In all of its glory and blessings. I am humbled to be a servant of the Lord. I know that He leads us today and will continue to guide us. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Love,
Elder Shirley

Yummy Sushi! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 76..."This past week has been one of faith and might!"

This week, I had the opportunity to watch conference which was an absolute blast! I love hearing from the prophets and apostles speak and offer counsel to those that are seeking it. How grateful I am that our Heavenly Father in this period of time has a prophet upon the earth. I have a testimony that as we heed the words of the prophet and those that are called alongside him, that we will never go astray. This past week has been one of faith and might! I am grateful for the opportunity to come and serve the people of Singapore. It hasn't always been easy but I can honestly say it has been all worth it! A simple principle of faith that I learned from General Conference was what Elder Choi had said saying, "Don't look around, Look up!" I have learned that if all that I do is look around, I can never progress, however, as I continue to steadfastly look up toward heaven, then I find myself changing in so many ways. Axxxxx is awesome! She is something else...

Week 75...Experiences that have increased my faith and built my testimony up this week.

The things you get to learn on a mission are just awesome! I am so glad that I decided to serve the Lord for two years. I would be nowhere close to where I am at right now. I am indeed grateful for the experiences that I have been able to have on my mission and for what they have taught me personally. I know that the Lord, Jesus Christ is very well aware of what I go through and is continuing to lift me up every hour of the day. I know that He lives. His love is real and extends to all who seek it. I wish to share with you some of the experiences that I have had this week that have increased my faith and built my testimony up. Trust in the Lord.  I have really felt the need to say that after the many challenges and trials that seem to be never ending, that I simply can not do it on my own. If I continue to try and do something on my own and just push forward, then I have already failed. I cannot do it on my own. It is sometimes painful to admit that because I feel that in orde...

Week 71...The Sound of Rejoicing

March 5, 2016 Hello! I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ! It is honestly the best thing ever. I know that sometimes it feels like the Gospel can only apply to those that we teach and share with but first and foremost it is to strengthen yourself and give you the confidence and boost of energy that you need throughout the week. I love the Savior Jesus Christ. He is my teacher and exemplar and I look to Him as one of my closest friends and for that I am eternally grateful. This week I have been thinking to myself how I could better help those people that I have been working with feel the power of the Spirit and to continue to be excited to meet again and learn. It was also something that I have been thinking about as we contact other people in Singapore. We do strive to talk with everyone and look for opportunities to serve those around us, however, I have felt that we weren't yielding the same success as weeks prior. Then everything changed!  D&C 28:16 "And thou m...