Hey all. Ni hao!!! My English is getting worse... HAHA but everyday is always such a blessing. Anyway, here is a little about the week!
This week my faith has grown and it is because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Quick experience; For a long time, even before my mission, I always had feelings of doubt or feelings of being inadequate. I felt what I could offer was not enough to those around me. For weeks I would let this pick at me and it only got worse. I always knew that the Atonement of Jesus Christ would allow me to overcome those feelings and thoughts but I did not know how. I was sitting in Sacrament meeting and as I was taking the Sacrament, I thought about the Atonement and how I could improve and these thoughts came to me. "The Savior has already felt every pain, every anguish, every sickness and everything that you can imagine. By holding onto these feelings of guilt and shame, you are only causing yourself and Him to suffer more. He already has suffered for you Ethan, there is no need to hold onto these feelings anymore." I sat there and I thought for a while and I closed my eyes and poured my soul out. As if talking to the Savior, I said, "I am sorry for all that I have done, I know I make mistakes but right now I am willing to give you these feelings that I have been holding on to for I know that is why you came, to take upon yourself the sins of all people that you would be able to comfort each of us and help us overcome." Almost immediately after I felt the pure sensation of love and peace and the thought: thy sins are forgiven thee and thou shalt be blessed. My faith in the Atonement of Jesus Christ has grown.
I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ not only cleanses us from sin but enables and strengthens us to overcome any trial. I have a testimony that as we allow the Savior to take our burdens from us and not hold onto them then the promise He has given us is true, "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Miracles are everywhere and the promise from the Lord is TRUE! He will lead you to others and others to you. For a while, I felt as though me and Elder L. were being lead to those who were prepared by the Lord to be taught the Gospel but this experience completely took me by surprise. It was last Monday, and we had just finished shopping and we were loading our groceries on our bikes and said a quick prayer. I remember us asking Heavenly Father to allow us to find someone who wanted to hear the Gospel. We finished our prayer and I turn around and saw a man. I said hello and then he just starts walking toward us.
I didn't know if I should be excited or concerned. Anyway, he comes up to me and the first question that he asks was, "do you have a Bible for me?" I was surprised at his question for a second and then we said we didn't but we have a Book of Mormon and all he said was, "yes, yes that book, do you have one for me?" I almost just started laughing because I didn't believe it. We checked our bags but we had left them at home. We were able to get his phone number and pass it to the Malay Elders in our area to be able to teach him later. Although it was strange but awesome that it happened, I knew that Heavenly Father prepares his children to hear the Gospel at all times during the day, however, we must be prepared as well to share and bear testimony. Lesson learned: Always carry a Book of Mormon!
The members here are amazing! This Sunday we had 6 of our investigators attend church and our branch doubled in size! 4 of them are a family who are on date for baptism. They are incredible and are such an example to the branch as well. Me and their son J. are best friends and I always enjoy visiting them. They have definitely been prepared by the Lord and I feel they will also be so important in helping the Gospel to be spread in the B. area. Some of our members have not been coming for a couple weeks and I pray and hope that they will come back soon. We are doing our best and will try to help them as much as we can. I am grateful for each of their sacrifices and contribution to the branch and their support for those who are investigating the church.
A scripture thought for the week that I really enjoyed is found:
Alma 34: 32-34
"For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.
And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed.
Ye cannot say, when ye are brought to that awful crisis, that I will repent, that I will return to my God. Nay, ye cannot say this; for that same spirit which doth possess your bodies at the time that ye go out of this life, that same spirit will have power to possess your body in that eternal world."
I just want to share my testimony. I know that this church is true. As I live the Gospel, and allow it to not only become a part of my life, but allow it to be my life. It has helped me to feel the greatest amount of happiness. I know that I am a child of God and that God is my Heavenly Father. Jesus is the Christ, our Savior and our Redeemer. He love us so much and wants us to be happy. He wants to forgive. All we must do is allow him. We are never alone. As we build our foundation upon the Savior Jesus Christ, we will never fall, in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love, Elder Shirley
Some pictures contributed by Elder L.
Comments
Post a Comment