Faith, really is like a little seed. If planted it will grow. It is up to us however
to make sure that we are taking care of that seed, doing our best to help it
grow, otherwise it will be cast out. I am grateful for the Gift of the Holy
Ghost in the reassurance of my testimony of the Gospel. I know that without the
Spirit, it would be much more difficult to hold fast to our testimonies and
they would slowly wither away. I am so grateful for the Spirit in my life and
the influence it has on me this week, I had the opportunity to go on exchanges
with Elder J. and we were able to have an incredible day! Beginning in the
morning we were able to prepare ourselves and study. Something that we were
able to learn is that if we ask Heavenly Father a general question, then He
would give us a general answer but as we ask him a more specific question, He
will give us a specific answer.

In our prayers we would not only ask our
Heavenly Father for people to find but perhaps a young man who was searching
for truth or a family who wants to be united more. As we prayed and asked those
specific things, we were able to find those kinds of people that Heavenly
Father had prepared and it was amazing! It helped both of us to strengthen our
testimony and faith in the Lord. We continued throughout the day and were truly
able to find those people whom the Lord had prepared and help them to learn a
little bit more. I have a testimony that as we ask Heavenly Father for specific
help in each of our lives, he will give us specific guidance that will allow us
to truly build our faith and know that it is by His hand that we can do all
things.

Miracles
are happening all the time it is just the way we that we recognize them that
make them so amazing! This week we met with an investigator and were going to
share with him a little bit more about the Book of Mormon but he called us and
said he never wants to meet again. After a few minutes we finally convinced him
and were going to meet him later that day. As we arrived we also found that his
English teacher had also come by and that we would have all of us talking and
discussing. We found out that his English teacher's father was a pastor from their
church but now retired so I am thinking to myself that she is just going to rip
us down with whatever we had to offer. As we were explaining the Restoration of
the Gospel and the coming forth of the Book of Mormon and after a while she
just started nodding her head.

As we concluded our lesson we invited our
investigator to read the Book of Mormon but he rejected it. Both me and Elder
Lloyd testified of the Book of Mormon and afterwards looked at his English
teacher and asked her what her thoughts were. She turned to us and basically
started testifying, "That makes a lot more sense now. For a long time I
thought the Mormons worshiped Joseph Smith but I see now that you do worship
the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I cannot speak for my student but I am willing
to read the Book of Mormon and to read about its message that it offers."
I was sort of shocked at her response but it was really neat to see her
willingness to try rather than believing other sources of information. The Book
of Mormon is true! As we read it and strive to understand it, the nearer to God
we will be. The more we will appreciate the Saviors atonement and all that He
is.

The
members in our branch have been struggling. One aspect is truly understanding
how important church is and how important the Sabbath Day is. We do have one of
our less actives coming back to church now which is exciting and we are hoping
that others will soon follow. Each of them are amazing and I am blessed to be
able to be working with them. Each week, we are praying for ways to strengthen
each of them to allow for church to truly be a spiritual boost and an example
to both members and investigators. As we work with the branch, each week it
makes just a little bit more progress and I know that as we continue to labor
diligently, those efforts will bring forth reward and I am excited for our
branch to grow. Now it is just the matter of building our foundation.
Quick
funny story I hope will brighten your day! We were at the Church building and
this car was driving by us and they waved to us. We waved back and I spoke to
the car and said, "Wait! We have a message to share." The car then
stops. I spoke again for it to back up so we can share, and the car started
backing up and at that point I am just "mind blown" and they pulled
next to us. Elder L. and I are just freaking out. It turns out it was a member
from a different town that wanted to say hello. It was still way cool though.

I
am grateful for the miracles that the Lord provides each of us every single
day. I am thankful to have a family both at home and on the mission that care
for and support me and all of us together. I have a testimony that Jesus Christ
lives and because He lives, we too will live. Because of His Resurrection we
all will be resurrected. I love my Heavenly Father and I am so grateful to be
serving him at this time in preparing for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. I
share these things in the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior, amen.
Love,
Elder Shirley
Comments
Post a Comment