Each
day is such an amazing opportunity and experience in which I am so grateful to
be a part of. It is amazing when you are able to recognize your own faith
building within you and is a testimony to yourself that Heavenly Father will
always be there to guide and uplift you. What is more amazing is when you are
able to see others faith build within themselves and seeing them have a firmer
determination to do what is right and to come unto Christ. This Sunday
during our second hour, we had a lesson and then we watched a few videos about
Jesus Christ and the Easter Season. As we watched each of them, the Spirit was
definitely felt. As we watched Because of Him, everyone was just crying and
afterwards we shared our testimonies. I really do love the Savior so much and I
am so proud to serve in His name. More than anything, I know that Jesus Christ
lives today and He directs this work. What a privilege it is to invite others
to come unto Christ.
The
Lord will always provide a way for each of His children to have success in
their lives. His goal is to help each of us have a joy and one day enjoy the
life that He does. One of our investigators works almost every single day and
his only off day was Friday and sometimes if he was lucky he could
come to church. Me and Elder L. were thinking about having to drop him since we
wouldn't be able to help much since we didn't see him as often. However, as we
were shopping, we ran into him and he told us that he got his off day switched
to Sundays so that he could come to church! It was way cool. He is an awesome
guy! I have a testimony that Heavenly Father is such a major part of our lives.
All we must do is recognize His hand.
The
members here are continuing to be amazing! All of them have come back to church
and we had such an amazing time! We talked with Brother *** about callings and
other activities that would better help the branch to have an organization and
help the members and investigators to all have a spiritual experience. Progress
is definitely happening and it is amazing to be a part of it! We invited the
members to share a little bit with their friends about the Gospel and how it
has been a blessing in their lives. We will report with them next time and I am
excited to see missionary opportunities open up!
Scripture
of the Week:
2
Nephi 2:26-28
26
And the Messiah cometh in the fullness of time, that he may redeem the children
of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they
have become free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not
to be acted upon, save it be by the punishment of the law at the great and last
day, according to the commandments which God hath given.
27
Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them
which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal
life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death,
according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men
might be miserable like unto himself.
28
And now, my sons, I would that ye should look to the great Mediator, and
hearken unto his great commandments; and be faithful unto his words, and choose
eternal life, according to the will of his Holy Spirit;
I
love verse 28. It is Lehi's testimony to his sons to "look to the great Mediator"
even Jesus Christ. I know that as we do so we will be blessed in ways we didn't
think were possible.
I
know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. He lives today. He leads His church. I
know that because He lives again, I too will live. We all will live again and
be brought to stand before God. I am grateful for the Gospel. It sets me free.
It gives me a direction and I know where I am going. I am grateful for all that
I have been given and blessed with and I say these things in the name of our
Savior Jesus Christ, amen.
Love, Elder Shirley
| "Elder Lloyd is the Best!" - Elder Shirley |
| "It tasted like 'huglooghghgnhg'. I bit its head off and swallowed the body whole. Then I felt sick, so I ate a tub of ice-cream and it made me feel better." - Elder Shirley |

Comments
Post a Comment