Hello! It is so good to be writing you today. I am just
excited every time I have the opportunity to write about the things that are
happening here in Malaysia!! It seems like all of you are doing amazing and I
can't wait to hear more about it! Thank you Mom for being amazing! You make my
day brighter all the time! Here is the highlight of this week.
Each and every day my faith continues to grow, and I am so
grateful to the Lord for allowing me to have certain trials and challenges that
enable me to do so. This week, we had the privilege to hear from President Nielson
of the Missionary Department and one of the things that he shared with us that
I just want to bear my testimony of trials and challenges. He talked about each
person who was sent to this Earth agreed to go through these challenges and
trials. It was the only thing that would allow us to learn and grow. President
Nielson then explained:

If we truly understood the meaning of a trial in its
eternal perspective, we would be asking for more rather than pleading for them
to be taken away. Heavenly Father knows what we will face and knew we would
make mistakes, therefore, He sent his Son Jesus Christ. I used to believe that
the Atonement of Jesus Christ was only meant to cleanse us of our sin and allow
us to have the peace of the Spirit in our life again but there is more. The
Atonement also provides a strengthening and enabling power that allows each of
us to bear our burdens lighter truly through Christ. I have a testimony that
although we may have certain trials that hinder us, the Lord knows how we feel
and through our trials will help us become who He wants us to become. I am
grateful for the challenges in my life that help me to grow and become more and
more like my Savior Jesus Christ.
Crazy Miracle this week. Airports truly are where the Lord
places prepared people in your path, and because they have to sit next to you
on a plane for one or two hours. Anyway, this Saturday, me and Elder L. were
flying back home from a Conference that we participated in. We got on the plane
and sat in our seats. A couple minutes later a man comes by a sits next to us.
We talked to him for a few minutes and he was way stressed with work. He was
sipping his drink and then in a few minutes he fell asleep. We decided that we
would just study the Book of Mormon and Preach my Gospel for a little bit as we
continued our trip home. We had about 20 minutes left until we landed when the
man sitting next to us woke up and we started talking again.
Elder L. shared a
scripture about missionary work and talked with him about how this work is so
important. He asked us, "Do you really enjoy missionary work?" We
both bore testimony that we do and it is a special work that we know blesses
families. We gave him a book of Mormon and told him that He would come nearer
to God then before. He related to us an experience that he had while in London
when missionaries came to his house that he shared with other roommates.
Although he did not have a chance, his roommate rejected the Book of Mormon and
told the missionaries to go away. He told us that he was so grateful that he
had met us today on the plane and committed to reading the Book of Mormon. I
have a testimony, that even though our efforts in some instances seemed wasted,
they are simply seeds planted that will grow in the years to come. His
experience is a testimony of that happening. I know that our Heavenly Father is
continuing to prepare the hearts of His children wherever they are.

Our Church members are doing good, we had one of our Less
actives come back to church and two of our investigators who also came. I
know Sunday is a day to focus on the Savior and the Sacrament, but
church started 15 minutes late and I was a little stressed. However, as the
meeting went on, we were able to take the Sacrament and it was such an amazing
feeling. I know that our members also enjoyed that same peace and I am grateful
for the Saviors Sacrifice for me. We are still working to build our branch up.
Each week, it continues to get stronger and stronger and I know that as we pray
and work the Lord will provide a way to accomplish whatever He needs us to do.
A quick principle that I wanted to share with you is how to
become more spiritually sensitive to the Spirit.
In 1
Nephi 16:28 which reads, "And it came to pass that I, Nephi,
beheld the pointers which were in the ball, that they did work according to the
faith and diligence and heed which we did give unto them." I know that as
we focus on building our faith, trusting that the Lord will deliver us, being
diligent, to work hard and continue to do our best and then to give heed which
is obeying the commandments that Heavenly Father has given to us, then we will
have the ability to become more spiritually sensitive to the promptings of the
Holy Ghost.

I would like to share my testimony. I know The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true and living church upon the face of
the Earth. We are guided by a living prophet today who loves us just as much as
the Lord does. I love the Lord and I am so grateful for the opportunities He
gives to me each day. I know he leads and guides this church and that one day
he will return and will establish His kingdom upon the Earth. I say these
things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,
Elder Shirley
Comments
Post a Comment