September 18, 2016
This week has been amazing! I have enjoyed it so much! Quick update: I have two companions at the moment, Elder Avery and Elder Boud! They are awesome and are already teaching me so much! Elder Boud already has some way good Chinese! I remember my first day, my trainer handed me the phone and told me to speak Chinese to someone. I did but soon to my fear, did not understand a single word that they spoke. Elder Boud definitely has got the courage to keep going and trying. I am excited to serve with him and to continue to work hard!
My love for the Lord builds each and every day! I can't express how grateful I am to be serving the Lord! I have learned so much in the past 10-11 months and it continues to a better and better experience! One way that my faith has grown this past week is working with Elder Boud. I have been able to go through the training with him that is honestly training me. One thing that I am really focusing on learning this upcoming week is the 8 fundamentals in missionary work. As we have an opportunity each day to practice, the power of the Spirit is just so apparent. I love missionary work! It's amazing!
This week has been amazing. Last Friday we were on our way home from our appointment and Elder Avery stuck his hand in front of someone and said, "HELLO!" This man took a quick look and was just, "Oh! Hi." I love funny contacts.. Anyway. As we were talking to him he became really interested in the message that we were sharing with him. He even missed the next train to continue listening. We invited him to come to the baptism the next day and he did! We shared with him more about the church and the Book of Mormon and he was way into it. We invited him to think about these things and if he felt it was right to be baptized. he accepted and we are hoping to get a future appointment with him soon!
This week we were able to meet with the Ward Council and to discuss some potential ideas that we could do to really get missionary work moving. Over the next few weeks we wanted to meet with our members to share and role-play with them asking their family and friends to learn about the Gospel. Another thing is to always have a fellow-shipper and someone to help them into the church. We will continue to work on that and to see how it goes!
Scripture of the Week:
Doctrine and Covenants 50:24
"That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day."
I know that as each of us strive to obtain the light that our Father in Heaven has promised, we will obtain it. I love this Gospel, and although I learn line upon line, my conversion deepens and my love for the Lord is strengthened. I share my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,

Comments
Post a Comment