December 13, 2016
I wish to share an experience about the Light of Christ that had tremendously impacted me. This past Saturday we had an opportunity to go to a nursing home for the Elderly and it was such a neat experience. We were first assigned to a "buddy" that we were to be paired with. We started off with learning names, favorite food and our birthdays. My buddy could not speak and so both of us decided that it would be best if we moved our eyebrows up and down and that was how we communicated. We had a lot of time to laugh after doing that. We played games, then moved into singing some Christmas Carols! It was a ton of fun. Lastly, the people in charge brought out some cake and gave slices to the helpers to bring back to their buddies. As I brought my cake back, I fed my buddy a little bite of cake and he would chew it slowly, swallow and then he would look back at me. I took it as if he were ready for the next bite when all of the sudden he raises his hand about halfway and stops me from giving him this piece of cake. I tried again but he stopped me. Finally, my friend looks down at this little bite size of cake and he points at me. I was somewhat confused pointed at myself and asked him if it was for me. He pointed at me again. I then ate a little part of this cake and then his face was content and he opened his mouth for another bite of cake. I thought that was very funny that he would do that but then after every bite he would take, he would repeat as he did before and offer me a piece of this cake. I am so grateful for those who seek to share with others. I have a testimony that the light of Christ exists in all of us, no matter who we are or what our background is, it exists. It is real, it is pure, it is light.
I have really come to understand more about prayer and how it is such a blessing. Truly if we are speaking to our Father in Heaven, He most certainly does answer back. I have really tried to build my testimony of prayer so that I may more fully talk with my Father in Heaven. As I was reading and studying I came across this saying from President Hinckley which reads;
"The marvelous thing about prayer is that it is personal,it's
individual, it’s something that no one else gets into, in terms of your speaking with your Father in Heaven in the
name of the Lord Jesus Christ.Be prayerful. Ask the Lord to
forgive your sins. Ask the Lord for help. Ask the Lord to bless
you. Ask the Lord to help you realize your righteous
ambitions.
… Ask the Lord for all of the important things that mean so
… Ask the Lord for all of the important things that mean so
much to you in your lives. He stands ready to help. Don’t
ever forget it."
I just want to share my testimony that I know that this church is true and that I am
grateful for all that the Lord has helped me to accomplish. I know that
when life gets hard, get on your knees and pray. I share this in the name
of Jesus Christ, amen.
grateful for all that the Lord has helped me to accomplish. I know that
when life gets hard, get on your knees and pray. I share this in the name
of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,
Elder Shirley
Went on a visa run to Indonesia and had a bit of fun while we were there.





Comments
Post a Comment