February 19, 2017
This past Friday, I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Elder Forsyth who had recently moved to Singapore from Kuala Lumpur. The focus of the exchange was opening our mouth and talking with everyone that we could. At first, progress seemed slow and no one was very willing to talk with us but we kept going knowing that as we continued to open our mouth, miracles would start happening. I remembered an Elder who had said that, "God wants to bless us with people to find and to teach but we need to gain His trust first. If we don't open our mouth to talk, then God can not pass us those that are prepared." Elder Forsyth and I decided to do the best that we could. Little by little, we started finding those that had interest in the Gospel and even as we were walking, people would ask us what we were doing and they would then have so much interest, simply because we had chosen to open our mouth and proclaim the Gospel.
English Class has been proving to be an amazing place to find those that are prepared and is a low-stressful way of introducing the Gospel. Each English class as we share a gospel message, about 95% of the students stay for it. This past Sunday we were able to invite 2 students to come with us to church. They stayed for all 3 hours and loved it! After church, we had the chance to share with them more about the Gospel and the Plan of Salvation! They thought it was awesome and want to come back next week and continue to learn more.
The members are doing amazing! Each of them bring fire and the Spirit to church meetings and are continuing to reach out to our investigators and help fellowship them. We are hoping as time goes on that we will be able to continue to reach out and serve them as much as we can. We have some Less Actives that are starting the process of coming back to church and we are excited to continue to help them feel the Love of God!
I love this work! I am grateful to spend time here in Asia to share the Gospel. Although there will be difficult times, the Lord has power to lift us up and strengthen us immensely! I know that this church is true! That it was restored in these latter days in preparation for the Second coming of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the Atonement of Christ and the love that Christ had for me to suffer for my sins so that I may have the opportunity to return to God's presence. I share my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,
Elder Shirley
Comments
Post a Comment