December 4, 2016
What another amazing week filled with the Light of Christ and the gifts of testimony. I am grateful for Jesus Christ and all that he has done and continues to do for us. He truly is the light and life of this world and by Him, we can return to our Father in Heaven. I am looking forward to the month ahead and will do everything I can to further the Lord's work. I know that I cannot do it alone. I am grateful for my companions that I have had and for their wisdom that has helped me to become a better person. I am especially grateful for Elder Boud and the time that He puts in to give it his all. He is a force to be reckoned with having a powerful testimony and a love for the people of Singapore. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve with him.
In Doctrine and Covenants 1:23 the Lord makes an interesting statement which reads "That the fullness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers."
One cool miracle that had happened this past week, was Elder Boud and I were testifying to this one lady on the MRT about the Gospel and how it has blessed us in our lives to know that our Heavenly Father really does know us and loves us. As we finished talking with her, a lady behind Elder Boud starts asking him about the church and the Gospel. It helped me realize that although, those people that we are currently talking to may not be as receptive to the Gospel, there are always others who are listening and who are being affected by what you say. The Lord is constantly preparing His people, not just one or two but a whole multitude. Teach and testify. A testimony is one of the most powerful tools that we have for it comes from our heart and we know by the power of the Holy Ghost that it is true.
We are currently working with the ward on building up missionary work. An investigator of ours came to an activity and dropped us. He explained how in church, he felt alone and although we were with him, with missionaries constantly coming and going, he was a little overwhelmed. I do feel, not just in our ward, but in every ward, if there is someone who is new coming in for the first or second time invite them to sit with you. Be their friend. Help them to feel the love of coming into church and especially into a family ward or branch setting. If they do not feel that. They will surely not come again for where is that love of Christ? I am grateful for those who do what they can to invite and encourage. I believe everyone has the potential to do so. I am grateful for this church. I have a testimony that my Heavenly Father loves me and I am confident in Him being able to help me. As I grew up, the way I was treated often resulted in my desire to come to church. Overtime, I loved coming to church because it was a place where I could feel loved and feel the Spirit.
I love this scripture. It has helped me to ponder what the doctrine of Christ is and how we can apply it.
2 Nephi 31:20-21
20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.
I know that the church is true. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. He loves us and wants us to receive Eternal Life. I know that the Plan that our Father in Heaven has prepared is perfect and true. I know as we begin with Faith in Christ that Heavenly Father will continue to pour out upon each of us His promised blessings. I share my testimony in the sacred name of Jesus Christ amen.
Love,
Elder Shirley
Comments
Post a Comment