November 6, 2016
it all worked out. I love being out on a mission! It is definitely the place where you will be shaken and worked and stretched but nonetheless it is a place which allows us to become more like Jesus Christ. It is really difficult to have these experiences anywhere else in our lifetime. You really have to use every minute furthering the work of the Lord. There isn't much time to do it.
This week I have felt my faith in Christ strengthened. I have seen mighty miracles wrought in other people's lives because of their faith in Christ. I am grateful for such opportunities to see others change for the better and continue to progress and become more Christ like. One such faith building experience was meeting with a man named ** just a couple of days ago. He hasn't had the best life growing up and has told us again and again that there have been so many miracles that have happened in his life that have been able to help him to continue on. We met with him and began starting off by talking about God our Heavenly Father and our relationship with him. Shared about Jesus Christ and lastly the Holy Ghost. He was still a little confused and so we drew a picture diagram of us praying. As we get on our knees and pray, in order for our prayer to reach Heavenly Father, it must be through the name of His son Jesus Christ and through the Holy Ghost, our Heavenly Father speaks with each of us in ways that we will be able to understand. His reaction was, "Wow. I understand that now. The other churches I have been attending have always confused me because I had no idea why we prayed in the name of Jesus Christ, I thought that was just something that you just do because your Christian or something like that."
We invited him to read 3 Nephi 18: 19-20 which states:
19 Therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name;
20 And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.
Near the end of the lesson he closed with a prayer that sounded amazing! I have a testimony that as we pray unto the Father we do it in the name of Jesus Christ. As we pray we can ask our self, is this something that the Lord, Jesus Christ would ask of His Father? I know that as we consecrate our prayers to our Father in Heaven, then truly He will answer us back and give us the reaffirming witness that these things are true.
English Class here in Singapore has been really successful. A couple of weeks back, we decided that we needed to improve English Class and advertise and invite others to come and learn. In addition the English class, we also hold a quick Gospel discussion for those who have questions about why we teach free English and also questions about the church. It has been a good source for those who wish to investigate the church more and it gives us the opportunity to share with them a little bit more. After English class this past Saturday, there was a man who has been coming to the class for a few months now. He has enjoyed the Gospel Discussion and we invited him to learn a little bit more. As we met with him, he talked to us how he was concerned for the future of the world, the younger generation's and what kind of people they would become. We shared with him the video, "Men's hearts shall fail them." We talked with him about having an eternal perspective and as we have that, we are then able to live our life in peace among the troubles and tribulations of the world. As we were nearing the end of the lesson, I was about to close with a prayer when he said, "Elder's can I try to pray?" I looked over to Elder Boud and was just like, sure! Go for it. So he did. That prayer was probably one of the most sincere and heartfelt prayers that I have ever heard. I love the Gospel! I am grateful that Heavenly Father loves each of us so much and wants to continue to bless us and guide us to do what is right.
Talk to the Relief Society. If you want to schedule dinner appointments and know the members, that is how you do it. Case closed.
I know that the church is true. I love the Lord with all my heart and know that He is continuing to reach out to us every day. I know that as we come unto Christ, it will all be worth it, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,
Elder Shirley



Comments
Post a Comment